How much does a car park in Malaga cost?
If you are looking for a car park in Malaga and you are wondering about the prices, keep reading, we here to give you some uselful tips! The parking price will depend on where you want to park: centre, station, airport; as wel as the characteristics of the car park and the length of your stay. Here are some of the car parks and prices you can book from Parclick.
- Parking Indigo Mena: located at Calle Cerezuela, 3 has prices from 1,58 euro/hour and 12,60 euro/day (prices from 1h to 30 days). The car park is covered and open 24 hours a day. It is located very close to the Novotel Suites Málaga Centro, the Ibis Budget Málaga Centro and the Hotel NH Málaga Centro.
- Parking CC Málaga Plaza: this is the car park of the shopping centre, located at Calle Armengual de la Mota, 12. Prices are 14 euro/day, 98 euro/week, 108 euro/month. It is a covered and guarded car park.
- Parking AENA Aeropuerto de Málaga-Costa del Sol:General P1: located on Avenida dél Comandante García Morato, this is the official airport car park. Prices are 11 euro/day, 12 euro/2 days, 16 euro/3 days, 22 euro/4 days, 26 euro/5 days and you can check the rest of our prices on our app or website.
- Freetravel Valet Parking-María Zambrano Ave Station: 25,90 euro/3 days, 33,90 euro/ 4 days. 41 euro/5 days and you can check the rest of our prices on our app or website.
- Parking Costagolf: Port of Málaga-shuttle: 26,65 euro/ 6 days, 27 euro/ 7 days and 30,50 euro for 8 days.
Where can I park the car in Malaga city centre?
To get into the center of Málaga, the easiest and most convenient way is to reserve a parking space in one of our Málaga car parks! Those vehicels parked in a car park will have unrestricted access to the centre of Málaga. In this way, your vheicle can be parked for 3 hours, a week or a month, and without fines!
Some of the car parks you can book in Málaga are:
- Parking Indigo Mena: calle Cerezuela, 3
- Parking CC Málaga Plaza: Calle Armengual de la Mota, 12
- Parking SABA Estación Málaga María Zambrano: esplanada de la Estación S/N
- Car Park AENA Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport- General P1: Avenida del Comandante García Morato
- Car Park Pedrocar-Málaga Airport P&R: Avda Comandante García Morato, 64
- Feeltravel Valet Car Park-Málaga Port: Málaga Port
To ensure a healthier space and to eliminate environmental and noise pollution, a decision has been taken to restricy access to the centre of Málaga and the area around the Centro de Arte Contemporáneo in order to pedestrianise the area. It will be up to the city council to decide when traffic will be restricted and whether parking can be partial or total.
Vehicles permitted in the centre of Málaga
- Residents, owners or tenants of dwellings in the restricted zone
- Electric vehicles, bicycles, motorbikes and mopeds
- Vehicles of companies involved in electricity, removals, building work, or similar that are going to enter on an occasioanl basis. Also, emergency service vehicles, such as health care, police, fire brigade, etc; and goods vehicles
- Vehicles used to pick up or transport elderly people and people with reduced mobility. In addition, people with reduced mobility who carry a parking card and those who get to emergencies or in other case needed.
- Taxis and municipal public service vehicles
- Vehicles parking in a private parking space or accessign car parks, hotels, hostels or hospitals
All of the above must have authorisation to access the centre of Málaga. However, if access is required in an emergency or case of extreme necessity, for urgent repair services, replacement cars, or to facilitate the mobilisation of sick people or those with reduced mobility, justification for access to the restructed area of Málaga must be presented within a maximun period of 10 days and these vehicles may only circulate within the area for 30 minutes.
Restricted to the centre of Málaga are child's play, now that you know that you will save money if you book in advance a parking space in one of our car parks in centre of Málaga!
Where can I park in Málaga?
City centre: The city centre in Málaga is a restricted and pedestrian area. So, if you need to park your car for hours or days in Málaga, whether you are going on holiday or for work, we advise you to leave it in any of our secure, covered car parks, which allow you multiple entrances and exits from the car park during your stay. This way you can leave your vehicle safely and then walk to any place you want to visit and at the same time, if you want to take the car to visit any place a little further away you can also. do so and then return to the car park without any problem. The Indigo Mena and CC Málaga Plaza car parks are only a 10 minute walk from the centre, making them the most convenient and practical for your stay in Málaga.
Malaga Airport-Costa del Sol: Although it's hard to believe, it's also good to get out of Málaga and discover new horizons. If you are travelling by plane, we advise you to book a parking space in one of our cheap car parks near Málaga airport. However, if you are thinking of going away for a longer period of time, you can also find long stay car parks at Málaga airport.
Maria Zambrano Train Station: It never hurt to enjoy a short break to other cities like Nerja, Granada, or Seville and it's even better if you know where to park near María Zambrano train station. We can help you with that, check out our interactive map of our monitored car parks near María Zambrano train station, you'll have a guranteed parking space before you arrive.
Malaga Port: The Port Málaga is one of the tourists attractions with the highest number of visitors. The remodelling work has turned it into a place where leisure and culture form a perfect union. What's more, it is the second Spanish port to receive tourist cruise ships. If you are one of those poeple who prefer a holiday on the high seas, but the sightseeing on land, you'd better book your cruise from Málaga. While you're at it, book your parking space in one of the car parks near the Port of Málaga and spend a relaxing holiday.
Free parking in Málaga
Street Parking:You can park for. free on the street, outside the regulated timetable.
There are regulated parking spacesm which are governed by the famous blue zone, visitor parking spaces de,imited with blue strips where you will have to pay the corresponding fee for a limited time. The SARE was born out of the need for a time-limited sysytem in order to facilitate parking, aggravated by high demand. In total there are 4 zones where SARE applies:
- Historic Centre-Av. Aurora
- Town Hall-Municipal Markets
- Technological Park of Andalusia
There are 5 types of SARE:
- SARE in normal rotation zones: the maximum stay is 150 minutes and the opening hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 2pm and from 4pm to 8pm. Saturday opening hours are from 9am to 2pm.
- SARE 30 in high-turnover areas: it is the areas with the highest demand. The maximum stay is 30 minutes, to facilitate a higher turnover.
- SARE for residents: for those who want to park close to home for a day or a week, they need a resident accredittion to obtain a reduction of 98% in the rate.
- SARE for people with reduced mobility: they must have an accreditation for people with reduced mobility and will be ale to park in all SARE zones, except in the high turnover zone. On this ocassion, they have to pay the correspondnig fee.
- SARE for elecric vehicles: they must have ab accreditation for electric cars and will thus be able to park in all SARE zones, except in the high turonver zone. On this occassion, they have to pay the corresponding fee.
What to do in Málaga
- Holy Week: this is one of the most important religious festivals in Spain and is considered a festivalof international tourist interest. It is one of the most sacred fetivities for the people of Málaga. Book in advance in one of our car parks in Málaga during Holy Week.
- Night of San Juan: the night of the 23rd of June is amongst one of the favorite days for the people of Málaga. The best thing to do is go to the beach with the typical blue cooler with a white lid and eat sardine and/or a great barbecue, accompanied by music.
- Malaga Fair: for eight days in August, the city celebrates the most important festival of the year. Normally, the plan is to go to the Day Fair in the historic centre or Málaga and then enjoy the Night Fair in the Cortijo de Torres, where you can dance until dawn.
- Film Festival: usually takes places in April with the aim of giving more importane to Spanish cinema and has establushed itself as the most important film festival Spain. This festival takes places in several places in the city, such as the Cervanted Theatre or the Picasso Museum, among others. If you want to feel like a film star, walking the red carpet, book your parking space in the centre of Málaga.